Medical Narration Coaching
Would you like to become a Medical Student?
Then have Debbie as your Voiceover Coach!
- If you’re a voiceover actor interested in medical narration….
- If you’ve wondered what it takes to be a medical narrator….
- If the idea of tricky terminology excites you…
- If you want to flex your muscles and sharpen your skills…
- If you have a lot of experience in one type of voiceover but would like to explore another genre…
- If you’re new to voiceover and need guidance on how to explore text and technique…
- If you’re not sure how to get started…
Then you’re in the right place.
Debbie Irwin brings decades of experience as a professional voiceover talent and businesswoman into the virtual classroom, offering medical narration coaching sessions for talent that would like to hone their voiceover skills and learn the ins and outs of medical narration, script analysis, how to market yourself, and more!
Debbie is excited to work with students of all levels who want to bring their past and present together into a new future. While having a background in pharmaceutical sales, healthcare communication, nursing, pharmacology, or medical device sales would be helpful, it’s not necessary in order to work in this highly skilled niche of voiceover.
Helping you navigate the voiceover world.
Helping you navigate the voiceover world.
What People Say
Given my medical background, it seemed logical that the next step in my voiceover career would be in Medical Narration and eLearning. It also seemed logical to turn to someone with experience and success in this arena. The unknown…can they teach? Having worked with Debbie, the answer is a resounding yes. Debbie has guided me through navigating complex copy, the business side of all of this as well as being an invaluable resource given her success. We have a lot of choices when it comes to who we choose to work with. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work with Debbie Irwin.
Debbie is incredibly thorough in our coaching sessions. She is not only listening to my delivery, but to my editing, pacing, volume, mic proximity, and more. She is encouraging while also honest. Her ear is phenomenal and she helps her students begin to hear nuances that will make a difference in auditions and with clients
Well, what can I say? Debbie is amazing and in 3 short sessions, she has already upped my VO game! She’s a great teacher with very specific feedback and always willing to explain if you don’t understand. Her suggestions and pointers never come across as criticism and you can tell she honestly cares about you succeeding. She’s been the perfect fit for me and I’d recommend her to ANYONE!
After only one session with Debbie, a contact I reached out to with her guidance responded to me immediately! Some really great information from her – can’t wait to see what comed next. In addition, Debbie is lovely to work with. Thanks, Debbie!
During the coaching sessions, Debbie guides you on how to apply various skills and vocal styles to different types of voiceovers. You’ll learn methods needed to approach explainer and eLearning videos, Fair Balance and Important Safety Information scripts, MOD/MOA’s, and all the different kinds of narrations for medical voiceover. You can work on carefully selected scripts to focus on tone, pacing, diction, nuance, and vocal quality. She’ll share vocal warmups that will help prepare for tongue-twisting terminology.
Debbie can guide you through all the important elements of voiceover as well as giving feedback and assistance on:
- Reviewing demos and ensuring they represent you at your very best
- Reviewing auditions for delivery, variation and editing, and assessing your best takes to send to the client. Whether in advance of submitting or afterwards, there’s plenty to be learned from reviewing your work
- Practicing copy so you get just the right tone, tempo and feel the client desires, and developing your ear to hear different options for how a script can be delivered
- Analyzing scripts to help you practice cadence, nuance, and various vocal styles
Learning Protocols so you know what to expect, what to say, and how to present yourself in the most professional way
There are many elements that go into being a successful voiceover actor and Debbie can help ensure that you are putting your best foot forward– regardless of where you are in your career.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Market yourself in a way that makes you a serious contender for voiceover jobs
- Research people and organizations in order to build a detailed database that you can utilize for networking and future collaborations
- Devise emails that present you in a professional light while also showcasing your own personality and brand
- Create a streamlined email signature to tie in your personal aesthetic and professionalism
- Improve your website so that it attracts the right clients, making it work for your own unique style and brand
- Refine best practices and etiquette when interacting with a client, building your relationship, and being on the top of
their list for their next project
Debbie provides her medical students with a structured framework for homework, commentary, scripts, and demos via organized file sharing. You will have access to scripts for every kind of voiceover category so you can see the type of work clients will be hiring you for, or upload your own scripts to work on. You’ll be able to upload audio demos directly into an online folder so that Debbie can give you detailed, specific tips and feedback. There will also be homework in the online folder so you can practice and prepare for the next lesson.
If there is something you’d like to prioritize, such as script analysis, social media presence, or how to build your voiceover network, just ask! Debbie helps you be prepared not just for your next voiceover gig, but for a long and fruitful career. This is an opportunity to work on skill sets that really interest you!
Are you excited by the thrilling and fast-paced world of voiceover? Do you know the areas and skills you want to address, practice, and perfect? Have more questions about how virtual coaching sessions with Debbie will work? Email Debbie Irwin at debbie@debbieIrwin.com for more information on how to get started!