Good afternoon all. I’m happy to report that I’ve arrived in Scotland safe and sound. A little late due to New York City traffic, but I made it and it’s beautiful. In this #VOnow, I’ll be posting photos from my trip on my new Instagram page. That being said, today I want to do a little recap of the #VOnow series for those just joining us. I also want to give you all a preview of what’s to come. So far we’ve discussed: Getting started, Coaching, Equipment, and Environment as well as Practicing/Rehearsing. Here are the links to those posts:
- How do I get started as a Voiceover Artist?
- Do I need coaching to be a Voiceover Artist?
- As a Voiceover Artist, where do I record? What do I need?
- As a Voiceover artist, how much should I practice?
Coming Up on #VO Now
Next week I’ll share my thoughts and some tips on how to record when you’re on the road. In addition, the post will be titled “#VOnow — Pillow Talk — It’s not what you think!” and will cover the following topics:
- Ready for action (what to carry with you)
- Channel your inner child (tent-making)
- Barking dogs and old ladies dancing (Controlling your environment— and not)
- And maybe some things from my current trip to Edinburg, Scotland
What’s on #VO Now
#VOnow is a special 17 part series on my Just Sayin’ blog, and will run every Tuesday until October 27th. Here’s a glimpse into the remaining 11 installments following next week’s “Pillow Talk” post:
- ‘If You Build It, They Will Come’ Ecclesiology Part 1 (Building your business)
- Part 2 of ‘If You Build It, They Will Come’ Ecclesiology(Building your business infrastructure)
- Big Fish /Little Pond or Little Fish /Big Pond? How to Position yourself so you Matter. (Niche or Jack-of-all-trades?)
- Forget about the Mirror— It’s how others see you. (Branding)
- The Rebranding of Debbie Irwin Voiceovers (Guest Blogger)
- How did you get here? (Tracking)
- What’s in it for me? (Demo)
- Taster’s Choice: Can you do the watusi? (Auditions)
- Know your worth
- The “M” word: Money, Rates and all that other yucky stuff no one likes to discuss in public
Until next #TransformationTuesday — #VOnow